We're back again with a similar format and new start/finish venue that is just off Junction 36 on the M6 - Crooklands Hotel.
For those new to historic rallying or rallying in general, the Devils Own has always been one of the toughest events in the rallying calendar since its inception in the 1960's. The past two recent runnings have reiterated this and we recommend that crews entering this event are prepared for a challenge, you will be pushed hard on tests and regularities.
This year's final regularity will end approximately five miles away from the finish venue and we are sure that the short run back in will be welcomed by all crews.
· Starting and finishing at Crooklands Hotel http://www.crooklands.com/ , just off junction 36 of the M6
· Saturday morning scrutineering.
· Lunch time start with a packed leg of private land tests, with a couple of regularities to get the navigators warmed up.
· Evening halt and meal on the shores of Lake Windermere.
· All cars finished by 10 pm for the awards presentation.
This event is an ideal warm up for car and crew before the RAC Rally of The Tests or Le Jog.
Sponsored by - http://www.motorsportmugs.co.uk/
The route has been designed by Kevin Savage, Martyn Taylor and Dan Willan - all of whom have their roots in night rallying in the local area. They have competed to a high level on historic events all over Europe and aim to apply their experience to make a fun yet challenging event. Bearing in mind that the event will encompass all abilities, route presentation will be back to basics; no tricks, minimal speed changes and the majority of the route pre-plot. The 2018 Devils Own Rally has been designed to test driver’s skills behind the wheel and the navigator’s ability to read a map.